Bakley's Blog

Words from my life South of the Border in Mexico City for friends and family. I intend to post artcles and other things that are funny or interesting. I am a huge soccer fan, like to cook and am currently consumed by politics. I work in finance and am busy trying to get my Spanish to the next level. Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Social Security

An editorial in the NYTimes today by Krugman basically says what I and many others have been saying which is that the Bush team is trying its tested Iraq tactics with Social Security. Exaggerate, lie and create a sense of panic and pending crisis to push its agenda.

This administration thinks that widespread deception and lies - coupled with undue pressure and coersion on non-elected civil servants (CIA analysts to Social Security Actuaries) is justified so they achieve their goals.

Well. I think the dems need to look at this thing like the Republicans looked at Clinton and Healthcare except this time Bush will not have time to recover. We cannot jump too fast or seem to eager to torpedo him. This country is on the Republicans side at this time, so see the other good NYTimes Op-Ed for more color.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
There Is No Crisis: Protecting the Integrity of Social Security