Bakley's Blog

Words from my life South of the Border in Mexico City for friends and family. I intend to post artcles and other things that are funny or interesting. I am a huge soccer fan, like to cook and am currently consumed by politics. I work in finance and am busy trying to get my Spanish to the next level. Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The House of Reprehensible Representatives

I am starting to think that Bush may not be the biggest enemy to our liberal, "Blue" society. It may just be the House who has started to break from Bush - to the right. We are already talking about the most conservative President in history and his Congress is defying his wishes to a more conservative bent.

This may be the real fight. We have elections for the House in less than two years - about a year until the campaigns start. I think the time is now to get moving in whatever ways we can. We should find out who our Reps are -whether we like them - and get active.

Mine is Honorable Charles Rangel. A rapscallion and a great minority voice in the House. About a year and half ago he went nuts on Tom Delay right on the House floor.

He said:

You will treat the minority with respect or you will not be treated with respect.


Touchet.

Read it here in the NYTimes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
There Is No Crisis: Protecting the Integrity of Social Security