Bakley's Blog

Words from my life South of the Border in Mexico City for friends and family. I intend to post artcles and other things that are funny or interesting. I am a huge soccer fan, like to cook and am currently consumed by politics. I work in finance and am busy trying to get my Spanish to the next level. Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

My Favorite Topic at the Moment

We can never insure 100% of the population against 100% of the hazards and vicissitudes of life, but we have tried to frame a law which will give some measure of protection to the average citizen and to his family against the loss of a job and against poverty-ridden old age.


-FDR

BUT we should, as James Carville says, Propose not just Oppose.

Former Clinton aid and current DLC President, Bruce Reed had some good thoughts:

We need to show we're serious about finding a sensible solution in addition to stopping his crazy one. I don't think Bush can pull this off, but the best way to stop Bush from passing a bad plan is to point out what's wrong with it and show what a good plan would look like.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
There Is No Crisis: Protecting the Integrity of Social Security